The webOS 1.4 update is finally landing today that brings a bunch of new features to the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi handsets.
The webOS 1.4 update is heading to users on the Sprint network only at the moment with plans in the near future for Verizon users to also get the update.
Fixes to the smartphones in this firmware update include a time zone bug that was sorted. A network time sync bug has been fixed. Car-kit BT transition is fixed….
* No EV icon bug fixed (random)
* Random browser formatting bugs fixed
* Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming
* Missing Contact issue specifically with swap down to 18.104.22.168 or less
As well as fixing a number of broken things listed above there have been a number of new features added to webOS which includes…
* Phonebook Transfer (import & export)
* Adds Video Capture capability & edit
* Calendar Enhancements
* Messaging Enhancements
* Improved Performance (Phone & CAL)
* Email Enhancements
* Notification Enhancements
* Adds Adobe Flash 10.0 (Pre Only)
* NOTE: The 1.4 software adds the ability to use the Flash 10.0 Adobe plug-in which will be available shortly from the Palm Appl Catalogue.
Roll outs should start happening soon if they haven’t already. As soon as we get news from Verizon rolling out the update we’ll let you know.